Your transfer is in progress ...
Caution Do not cancel this process!
Installing a flag onto a standard flagpole or porch kit is a quick and simple process. The grommets on your flag will allow attachment to most flagpoles with clips or hooks. Adjust the clips to match the locations of the grommets to ensure the flag is pulled taut at the edge. When displaying without a flagpole, use string, rope, or zip ties to loop through the grommets to secure it in place. We offer a 72" aluminum flag pole that is 1" in diameter and consists of two pieces connected together. The pole comes with anti wrap clips and a spinnable top section to prevent your flag from tangling. It also has an adjustable bottom clip, allowing you to attach any flag up to 36" in height. Additionally we offer an aluminum flag mount that works with any standard 1" diameter flag pole. Flag mounts also come with the screws and plastic anchors, helping you with a quick and simple installation. Flag poles and flag mounts can be purchased separately or together alongside any custom flag purchase.
The 4 oz. polyester allows for simple cleaning and caring of the flag. If the flag is dirty, clean using a damp cloth. Avoid using hard cleaning products (such as bleach); hard cleaning products may damage the quality of your flag’s design. The flag can also be machine washed on a low cycle using cold water. After washing, allow the flag to air dry (do not use a tumble dryer to dry the flag). We recommend properly storing your flag when it is not displayed. Fold the flag and place it on a shelf above the ground to ensure it is not stepped on. Avoid placing objects on top of the flag. Any wrinkles in the flag should come out while displaying in the sun or heat.
- What are Custom Flag Double Sided ? How do they differ from feather, teardrop, rectangle, and angled flag banners?
- Made from a durable weather and fade resistant 4 oz. polyester material and printed using a permanent dye sublimation process, custom or standard flags are specifically designed for indoor and outdoor display needs with the added benefit of having a reinforced grommet strip to secure the flag to virtually any object. This versatility allows the flag to be displayed in a variety of circumstances, including on flagpoles (optional), hung in windows, and displayed on fences or walls using rope, zip-ties, wall-mounted hooks, nails, etc. Custom flags are rectangular in shape and do not offer curved or intricately designed patterns. In most cases, custom flags are for residential and smaller display purposes including commercial and church settings. Feather, teardrop, rectangle, and angled flag banners are specialty advertising or business flags that are designed to a specific shape using a pole pocket on the flag and a flexible pole. These advertising flags do not have grommets. All advertising flags are intended for outdoor display either in or on the ground using a stake or base, and typically range from 9 ft. to 18 ft. in height. Their primary use is for business and event promotion.
- What are the differences between polyester and nylon Custom Flag Double Sided ?
- While both materials are suitable for use as standard or custom flags, the materials do offer different qualities that set each apart. Nylon flags are typically thinner than polyester flags, offering a lightweight quality that allows the flag to blow in the wind. The thin nature also offers greater ease in folding (especially with smaller flags). Nylon is a shiny (glossy) material. Nylon is water resistant, making it suitable for outdoor displaying. Nylon flags are usually for periodic, not long-term displaying. We do not currently offer nylon flags at this time. Polyester flags are heavier than nylon, allowing them to resist stronger wind gusts. Because polyester flags are heavier than nylon, larger flags are unsuitable for smaller flagpoles. Polyester offers greater durability, especially in windy conditions. Polyester has a higher tolerance against ripping or becoming pierced. Polyester has a matte appearance. The material is weather resistant (fades less than Nylon) and is suitable for prolonged displaying outdoors (lasts longer than Nylon).
- Do you offer pennant flags?
- At this time we do not offer any pennant flags nor any cut to shape standard or custom flags. Flags, as described on this page, are rectangular or square in shape. For business and event promotion, our advertising flags come in different shapes but are still not considered pennant flags.
- Will a flag pole be included with my purchase of a Custom Flag Double Sided ?
- We offer 1" diameter aluminum flagpoles as an optional add-on with the purchase of a custom flag. These poles are 72" in length and consist of two pieces connected together. They are compatible with any standard 1" flag mount.
- Do you offer Custom Flag Double Sided kits?
- We offer both flag poles and flag mounts. These can be purchased together or separately with a purchase of a custom flag. To get a flag pole or flag mount simple select one or the other, or both from the accessories dropdown within the design tool when design your custom flag.
- Will exposure to sun fade the flag?
- Our custom flags are designed to withstand normal exposure to sunlight with the dye sublimated design. This printing process protects the design from fading or scratching. Prolonged exposure in direct sunlight can cause fading, but in almost all cases this should not be a concern for typical use.
- Will the wind be able to blow my flag away?
- To prevent your flag from being blown away in the wind, we recommend securing the flag to a flagpole or a sturdy object. In rare cases, high-intensity winds could cause the flag to be dislodged from where it's anchored.
- Does the flag come with rope to tie it down?
- The flag does not come with a rope to secure it to an object. We suggest using a rope that is less than ½ inch thick to secure the Custom Flag Double Sided .
- How small or big can my custom flag be?
- Flags can range anywhere between 12”x12” to 62” x 100”. In other words, the largest flag we can do is just bigger than a 5’x8’ (H x W) or 8’x5’ (W x H).
- What are common sizes for a Custom Flag Double Sided ?
- Common flag sizes include 2.5’x4’ 3’x5’, 4’x6’, 5’x8’ and 6’x10’.
As our site uses WxH rather than HxW, on our site these would be 4’x2.5’, 5’x3’, 6’x4’, 8’x5’ and 10’x6’ on our design tool. As noted above, the largest Custom Flag Double Sided we can do is 8’x5’.
While some flags flown officially have rigid requirements related to size, the general rule of thumb for personal/custom flags state that you should use the height of your pole to determine the proper flag size. This rule dictates that the width of your flag should be at least ¼ of your flagpole height. Our recommended flag size based on common flagpole heights is shown below:
10’ - 4’x2.5’
15’ - 5’x3’
20’ - 5’x3’
25’ - 6’x4’
30’ - 8’x5’ A custom flag mounted with a standard flag kit on a residential home or business is typically 4’x2.5’ (5-foot pole) or 5’x3’ (6-foot pole) in size. Either of which would give you a horizontal orientation/rectangular shape and an average size flag perfect for your home.
- Common flag sizes include 2.5’x4’ 3’x5’, 4’x6’, 5’x8’ and 6’x10’. As our site uses WxH rather than HxW, on our site these would be 4’x2.5’, 5’x3’, 6’x4’, 8’x5’ and 10’x6’ on our design tool. As noted above, the largest Custom Flag Double Sided we can do is 8’x5’. While some flags flown officially have rigid requirements related to size, the general rule of thumb for personal/custom flags state that you should use the height of your pole to determine the proper flag size. This rule dictates that the width of your flag should be at least ¼ of your flagpole height. Our recommended flag size based on common flagpole heights is shown below: 10’ - 4’x2.5’
- What material is your Custom Flag Double Sided made out of?
- Our custom flags are made from a durable 4 oz. polyester. We’ve found that 4 oz. polyester is the ideal material for flags due to its durable and flexible nature and long lasting print quality.
- What is the lifespan of your Custom Flag Double Sided ?
- With proper care and storing, the lifespan of the flag can be 4+ years. Displaying the flag in direct sunlight for prolonged periods or in adverse weather conditions can lessen the lifespan of the flag.
- How is my design printed on the flag?
- Your design will be printed onto your flag using a dye sublimation process. This process infuses the ink directly into the polyester material, resulting in an extremely vibrant and durable image.
- Do you offer hand-stitched flags? Embroidery?
- We do not offer hand-stitched flags; all of our Custom Flag Double Sided are printed using a dye sublimation process. Likewise, currently we not offer embroidered flags.
- Will my design cover the entire flag or just a portion of it?
- Your design will cover the entire face of the flag except for the strip that contains your grommets. This reinforced, white grommet strip will be on either the left or top edge (depending on the option you select) and measures approximately 1 ½ inches. This approximate 1.5” is not shown on our design tool. As such, we recommend avoiding having any text that runs to the very edge of your flag. Please note that this strip, regardless of location, is always white. The exception to whether your design will cover the entire surface or not is when you select the option of no grommet strip. In this case, your design will cover the entire area of the flag but will not have the strip nor grommets needed to hang or fly your flag. This option means that you will only have a stitched hem (white stitching) on all four sides of your flag.
- Can I order a flag without the strip and grommets?
- Yes! Simply select the option that denotes no grommet strip. Your design will cover the entire surface of your flag but not have the strip nor grommets needed to hang or fly your flag. All four sides will have a stitched hem (white stitching). This is the ideal situation if you intend on displaying the flag by holding it up as if often seen in soccer stadiums and other sporting events.
- Is the grommet strip always white? Any exceptions?
- If selected, your left or top grommet strip will always be white. At this time we are not able to make the strip any other color. Nonetheless, we’re convinced you’ll find your flag to be not just high quality but aesthetically pleasing regardless of how you intend to use it!
- Is the stitching on the flag always white? Any exceptions?
- Yes. The stitching of your custom flag, regardless of your design, will always be white. At the current time, we do not offer any alternative stitching color.
- Will printing multiple colors cost more?
- Whether you print 1 color or 100 colors, the cost of printing will not increase as we always print in full color! The cost of your order will be dictated by the size and quantity of the flags you order.
- Are your flags a matte or gloss finish?
- Both the polyester material of the flag and your printed design will have a matte finish.
- Will my Custom Flag Double Sided melt if placed in direct sunlight or high temperatures?
- The 4 oz. polyester is heat resistant, meaning that it will not melt when placed in direct sunlight. The color and design of the flag can be affected by prolonged exposure to direct sunlight.
- Are your Custom Flag Double Sided fire resistant?
- Flags are heat resistant but are not designed to be fire resistant. We caution against displaying the flag near an open flame or sparks.
- Do I have to use one of your templates for my Custom Flag Single Sided / Reverse Print?
- Templates are not mandatory to use; they are available to aid in designing a custom flag. We offer the option for uploading your own design or creating a flag from scratch using our design tool. We also offer free design help if you need assistance in creating a custom flag.
- Can your flags be double sided?
- Yes, our Custom Flag Double Sided can be double sided. Simply select the double-sided option in the design tool to enable this.
- Can I have different designs on both the front and back of my flag?
- You can print a different design or graphic on either side of your Custom Flag Double Sided . After selecting the double-sided option, click the ‘back side’ button in the design tool to begin designing the back side. Simply upload different files to the respective sides in our design tool and make sure the option of “2 Sides Different” is selected under the ‘Printed Sides’ option.
- Do double-sided flags have multiple layers of material?
- Double-sided flags are constructed with two layers of polyester material with a linen insert in between to prevent the design of one side “bleeding” or being seen through on the other side. A single-sided flag will only have one layer of polyester material with no linen insert.
- Can I order just a Custom Flag Double Sided ?
- Yes, single-sided flags are available.
- Is the single-sided option print through? Or viewable from the other side?
- A flag printed using the single-sided option will be printed on one side while the other side will show a slightly faded and mirrored version of your design (similar to viewing your design on the opposite side of a printed sheet of paper). To have the same design and text (not mirrored) displayed on the reverse side of your flag, select the double-sided option in the design tool.
- What are ways I can display a Custom Flag Double Sided ?
- Custom Flag Double Sided can be displayed in a variety of ways, including flag pole displaying, hanging vertically from a ceiling or overhang, tied to a fence, or mounted on a wall. They also will work with any pole with clips or hooks for a standard pole kit used on homes or front porches. The reinforced grommet strip provides extra durability to the flag when secured using the grommets. We offer compatible flag poles and standard flag mounts as additional purchases alongside any custom flag order.
- What are custom flags used for?
- Custom Flag Double Sided are excellent for showcasing your team spirit, company logo, national pride, or love for the holidays. Flags are excellent for both indoor and outdoor decoration and can be displayed using a flagpole or hung using rope or hooks. Flags can also be used for business use and advertising. Use flags as temporary displays at outdoor events (ie. no parking, off limits, and other directional signs) or use them to decorate vendor booths. The sky's the limit for what you can use custom flags for.
- Do you offer templates for individual state or country flags?
- The only templates we currently have for custom flags are the ones shown higher up on this page. Nonetheless, if you are not able to find the flag you are looking for you can contact us for free design services! Assuming there are no copyright issues, we can create any flag you want to fly!
- Do you offer templates for sports teams? Can I print a professional team’s logo on my flag?
- We do not offer templates for any professional sports teams. Unless you have the rights to print copyrighted logos we are unable to print these types of flags.
- Can I print military related flags?
- Are your Custom Flag Double Sided suitable for car use? What about for boating?
- Our custom flags are designed for display on secure objects or anchor points. In practice, our flags can be displayed on vehicles, though we do not offer any vehicle attachments to do so. If displayed on a boat, we recommend using a flagpole secured to the hull for attaching the flag.
Installation and Care
- How do I best care for my Custom Flag Double Sided ?
- We recommend storing your Custom Flag Double Sided when not in use in order to increase the longevity of the material and design (this is especially true for flags displayed in direct sunlight). Fold the flag to store it and place it on a shelf or within a protective box or case. If the flag becomes dirty, use a damp cloth with a light soap mixture to help remove any caked on dirt. Avoid using bleach and other hard cleaners to ensure your flag is not damaged. Custom Flag Double Sided are machine washable using a light washing cycle with cold water. Wash separately from other items and allow to air dry (do not use a tumble dryer). If your flag is wrinkled, place in direct sunlight or heat to remove any creases. Do not iron your flag to remove wrinkles (this will damage the material and design).
- Is my flag washable?
- Yes, Custom Flag Double Sided are machine washable on a light spin cycle with cold water. Do not use bleach detergent or a tumble dryer with the flag.
- How do I store my Custom Flag Double Sided ?
- Store your custom flag by neatly folding it and placing it on a shelf or in an area that protects it from being stepped on. Do not place the flag near sharp objects. We recommend finding a protective case to store the flag in (we do not offer these for custom flags).